Full Stack MERN Developer
• Understand proposed features, design / build scalable API's and SQL schema / queries by using best software development practices
• Develop reusable user interface components and front-end libraries in React.js
• Proactively analyze website performance and implement solutions for improvement
• Collaborate with architects, developers, business analysts, and QA analysts to design, develop, and test applications
• Design, implement and manage solutions for web & mobile applications including system architecture, database models, visualizations and coding standards.
• Working on issues in Jira with team - build server less pipelines to handle API requests, creating CloudFormation / Serverless templates to deploy resources, etc.
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
• Working with mentor/team lead to further knowledge of AWS Services, tools, or even new languages to address project needs.
• Own the deployment of software and setting up monitoring
• Mentor junior engineers through peer coding, perform code reviews, prepare knowledge transfers, discuss how we write code, and improve the developer experience
• Conduct training & provide technical documentation for developers and application administrators to support and maintain the system.
• Provide technical support as needed to application administrators
• 2+ years of relevant experience of full-stack development focused on backend / server-side including API development and integrations.
• Experience in RESTful API development and integration, microservices architecture is highly desirable.
• Have good understanding of Design Patterns, especially server-less architecture using AWS.
• Proficiency in NodeJS & related frameworks.
• Good understanding of CSS preprocessors, bundlers and associated languages / syntaxes / libraries (e.g. SaaS, Less & webpack)
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and solutions
• Strong background in OOP, Data Structures, and Algorithms with analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in Relational, preferably PostgreSQL.
• Exposure to Version Control & Continuous Integration / Continues Deployments tools
• Strong understanding of Agile Methodology & Practices (Scrum / Kanban)
NICE TO HAVE (BUT NOT MANDATORY):
• Previous exposure to large-scale distributed systems design & architecture.
• Hands-on experience in the core AWS services (EC2, S3, Route 53, Cognito, API Gateway, CloudFront, CloudFormation, Beanstalk, Lambda, RDS, Batch, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, etc.) in building distributed solutions/applications is a must.
• Experience with NoSQL Databases.
• Good understanding of AWS Well Architected Framework
• AWS Certified - Developer (DVA-C01 / DVA-C02)
• Experience with SonarQube or similar tools will be a big plus